Monday, June 24, 2013

Trigger Foods, Doctor Visits and a Double Take

Do you have a trigger food? I do. I'm sure we all do. It's that food that you could just eat and eat and eat and ... Well you get the drift. For me, it is pizza. I don't know why. I love the bread, sauce, cheese...pepperoni and sausage. Yep, none of those are on my diet. 

As you all know from my previous post "Wipeout" I've got quite the nasty bruise on my leg. It's really in the way of things if you ask me. Anyway, this weekend I did my training session and a little more cardio and then propped my leg up and iced it ... For the rest of the weekend. I read, I slept, I played games on the iPhone, I watched Hulu, I was bored. Just plain bored. I found myself wanting to munch because I was bored. 

Luckily a friend texted me so that took mg mind off munchies...for about 2 hours. Then they were back with a vengeance. I admit it. I caved. I ate more pizza than I should've. And definitely not at the right meal time (since I ate it while watching that crazy guy tightrope across the Grand Canyon...seriously?!?). But this time it turned out okay. I still lost weight this week. Not as much as I'd like, but I will take it. 

I went to the doctor today about my leg. He was shocked at the weight loss. Was impressed. Did a double take. Called his nurse in to verify. Said he thought I truly couldn't do it. Told him all I'd been up to and he couldn't believe it. Still have to go see another doctor just to make sure we are A-Ok but he gave me the go ahead to keep on...as long as I promise not to fall off the treadmill again!

I was so stoked about the doctor visit...I truly was afraid I would be derailed by his refusal to allow me to work out or whatever. Thanks to all who prayed for me while I was at my appointment. I felt them. 

And by the way...no more pizza for me for awhile. I can feel myself starting to slide a slippery slope if I use that as a weekly cheat. 


4 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley I'll give up pizza with you... I am so glad and proud of your continual success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza is one for me too Ashley. Before I know it, I've downed 6-8 slices with not even thinking really. Over the past few years my reflux has gotten to the point where any time I do eat pizza, I suffer all night long with it. To me it's not worth it anymore. I have struggled with the weight I've gained since my knee injuries and praying about the right time to have surgery. Reading your blog is truly inspirational Ashley. Just know that Darlene and I will continue to pray for you. Every bit counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley: I am so proud of you, I know you have heard that lots and lots, but the more you hear it, the more you will know what an inspiration you are to me and others. I love your honesty and the way that you allow God to show you things in your life that are stumbling blocks but how he always shows you and me a way out. I am like Kelly, love pizza but it doesn't like me. I am w/ Debbie, I would give up pizza for ya girl. Love you so much. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh...yeah...Danish pastries and ice cream. And yes, pizza or anything with stringy melted cheesiness. Yes, I admit, I can eat a whole medium pizza by myself. *sigh* As of today, it's big time off limits, but I'm substituting with new passions, like summer stone fruits which I love almost as much as ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...