Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cardio.....remix!

So after the wipeout on the treadmill Tuesday morning, I am now relegated to the bike. I don't hate the bike. I used to love the bike. But, I miss doing my normal routine. It's a little frustrating, but I understand it's only temporary. Given my history, I have to make sure that I do not do anything that could cause problems later on.

So, tonight I thought I would get in the upper body workout, and some cardio. I didn't really know what I would do for cardio but I knew I needed to try something. So, I did a little bit of treadmill… Little as in like three minutes maybe and then I did the bike for 22. There at the end it was starting to get sore so I quit. I'll be back tomorrow for a little bit more, and hopefully this bruising and swelling will go away. 

I am just itching to get back to my normal routine. Man, I never thought I'd say that! I was that girl… You know the one that avoided exercise like the plague! Now, my day doesn't feel complete if I haven't made it to the gym. 

I think part of the motivation is that I am so close to my goal , I can taste it. So close. Yet, so far away. When I get tempted to want that big juicy hamburger or that taco or that pizza I just have to remember how far have come and where I was just 2-1/2 months ago. 

So, here's to trying new things… And here's to busting my tail on something else until I can get back to my cardio routine.

1 comment:

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...