Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wipeout...

Yep. Did it. This morning. Off the treadmill. How? I don't know. All I know is I was looking at the parking lot, and then I was looking at the floor. Oh, and tangled up in someone else's elliptical machine. Glad they were not hurt (sorry, about that Michelle!). So, what hurts? Everything. But, it's like they said...everyone fails at something once. That was just an epic fail. I don't really have any visible bruising, but my left shin is pretty sore. I'm thinking the bruise will appear tomorrow. But I won't let that stop me. I got back up on the machine and although it took me a few minutes (okay, a lot of minutes) to get my bearings...and I ran...wasn't pretty and it wasn't long. And I used the safety clip this time...probably will for the foreseeable future! Oh well, the point is...you fall, you get back up. You fail, you try again. You can't let yourself completely fail because you had a fall. It's too important.

The bright side of this whole situation? I was able to get up by myself. Ten weeks ago I couldn't have done it. I got back on. Ten weeks ago, I'd have walked out of the gym and never come back. I have changed so much in the past ten weeks. I'd like to say that if I'd have known how great I feel compared to what I did feel - I would've done this years ago!

So what are you waiting for? Go inspire someone. Pick yourself up from the struggle you are facing and face it head on. Is there a fear you have? Go conquer it. Something you are afraid of doing? Do it. The struggles you face today and how you handle them will shape you into the person you'll be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...