Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blog Challenge, Goals & Leg Workouts

I am kinda sorta stealing this idea from a couple friends...you'll know who you are when you read this post. I want to know who is willing and brave enough to participate in a challenge. It's just a 7 day challenge. I want you to set a healthy goal - and stick with it for 7 days. Leave a comment on the blog to let me know what your goal is. Then, when you've completed your goal, log it as a separate comment. I will use a random number generator to select a winner. Who knows? There might be something of value for you!

On another note, my goal for 7 days is to lose 3-5 pounds. I know that sounds like a lot. It is. But, it is going to show if I am dedicated or not. This means I have to be precise with my meal plan, caloric intake, cardio and weight training. It's a mental thing for me, I think. So far this month, I've only lost 6 pounds. I know....6 pounds is 6 pounds. But, I want more. I got really used to those big numbers. I know they won't always happen, but I truly thought they'd happen for longer than they did. So, I'm not moving my goal of 100 pounds by August 1st...yet. We will re-evaluate July 1 and see how it goes.

Tonight was a leg workout for small group training. Um, ouch. That's the end of my post. Not really. Weighted lunges, squats, weighted squats, more weighted squats, even more weighted squats and then leg presses 20/15/12/10/8 reps. Yep. You guessed it. Danny upped the weights every time we did them. I think I started around 200 pounds and ended somewhere in the high 300's. I was kinda impressed, I'm not gonna lie. I didn't think I could do that much. To think, 10 weeks ago, I couldn't even use the machine!

For those who read my blog faithfully, I made the 65 pound mark today. Barely. Like on the nose. When I weighed in pre-workout, I was at 64.5 pounds. I told my accountability partner I was not leaving until I got that .5 pound to make 65. Sure enough, after SGT, it was there...on the money. I was so excited!

I'm heading to bed now...ice packs are calling my name. I do not know how I will function tomorrow morning. Guess I will cross that bridge then.

Until later...

7 comments:

  1. I promise I will walk at least 45 minutes and drink those 8 glasses of water - each of those 7 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey's post: To adhere to the 4 day diet for 7 days and to walk 45 mins everyday even on Sunday, the goal is to show myself I can take my body back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no soda and no sweets. Will start the exercise in 2 weeks when the dr clears me from surgery, love u

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to walk at least 2 miles every day for 7 days and drink 8 glasses of water. This is a big deal for me because I am hooked on sweet tea. Doesn't have to be overly sweet but I do love it. 7 days!!! Bring it on!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got all the right stuff in place, I just need to not allow things to get in the way. Over the month of August I'm going to stay focused and lose 5 to 10 pounds. I know I can do this. I'll read this blog everyday for encouragement. It truly is a breath of fresh of air. - Aida

    ReplyDelete

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...