Friday, May 31, 2013

Thankful

I'm blessed. No matter what stressor happens in my life, I'm blessed. Why?

1. I have a God who loves me, just the way I am - skinny or fat, happy or sad.
2. I have a family who loves me.
3. I have friends who truly care about me.
4. I have a trainer who pushes me waaaaay outside my comfort zone and reminds me to dig for it. Because when you dig for it, that means you really want it.
5. I have a gym family. Always there to encourage me. I have the best gym family, actually. Who would've ever thought I would enjoy the people at the gym so much? Most everyone is such an encouragement.
6. I have a job that I love to do. And, people I like to work with. Many people can't say that. I can. Sure, it's a stressful job, but what jobs these days aren't at some point?

Today marks an important achievement in my life. I have lost the most weight ever as a total AND separate. What do I mean by that? Well, I started my weight loss journey last July, then fell off the wagon, so-to-speak, last fall, remember? So, the remaining weight that I didn't gain plus the weight I lost up to today is the highest number I have ever reached.

For those who don't know, my goal is 100 pounds by August 1. That gives me 8 weeks from tomorrow to make it happen. I totally think it is attainable, and I'm choosing to believe it will happen. This does not mean there will not be mistakes, challenges, et cetera. However, it does mean that I will bust my tail to make sure it does happen. I will have to do a big reward for the 100 pounds. I need some ideas. What do y'all who read this think? I'm not a pedicure/manicure person. My only extracurricular activity is the gym at this point. I just got new shoes for 50 pounds...so I'm stumped. Think on it. Comment. If I pick your idea, well, maybe there will be something special in it for you!

I am bursting at the seams with excitement for measurements on Monday. Again, who would've thought? That's not generally something I would get excited about. But, today, I am. For the first time in my life, I don't dread stepping on the scale (I still don't like the number, but we're working on that).

So to all my family, friends, gym family and co-workers - thank you. To Danny, my trainer, a super big thank you. For pushing me outside my comfort zone and making me realize that I can do what I put my mind to. That this battle is mainly a mental game with myself, and I can overcome it. And finally, last but definitely not least, to Cynthia - for giving me the strength and courage (and OK the final push) to meet with Danny and come up with a plan to change my life.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...