Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Permissible or Beneficial?

There is a saying, "Anything is permissible, but not beneficial." Man, is that a true statement. You probably don't realize what you just put in your mouth. If you're like I used to be, I would graze and snack while watching television, browsing Facebook, playing on my phone...not paying any attention to the hundreds of calories in the seemingly few snacks I ate. 

What is it that you struggle with? For me, it's an addiction to food and the comfort that it brings. It was a hatred for exercise...mainly because I was scared of what people would think about the fat girl at the gym. I struggled with that low self-esteem mentality for many years. Only by the grace of God have I been able to begin to overcome that. Now I look forward to going and pushing myself just a little bit further. It's when a milestone is reached...that the last 10 seconds you had to dig for we're totally worth it. When your elliptical is going backward at level 12 or 15 and you feel like your legs will turn to jelly any second...that's when it counts. That's when you know you are giving 110%. 

This journey is not for the weary. It requires dedication. It requires attention to detail. It requires determination. It will yield results. Maybe not as quickly as we'd like or in as many pounds as we like, but in inches, in the way we feel, the way we carry ourselves. So, if you're on a journey too, please let me know how I can encourage you. We are in this together...for the long haul. 

No turning back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...