Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Short little post this morning...just to vent my frustrations and get my stress levels down. 

Ever heard the saying, "You can drag me down but you can't keep me down?" Well, that's how I feel today. Today was a weigh-in day. I have to admit, I'm a little frustrated. I'm not quitting, but I'm frustrated. I gained this week. At first I thought it had to do with a cheat meal or rest day, but Danny says that is not the case. I trust him. He thinks I've not been focusing enough on cardio. So, that's my goal this week - at least an hour a day. Minimal weight training. I'm back very close to that 50 pound mark, and I will not go under that again. It took many, many hours to get it done. I'm not willing to go back there. So, here's what I have to say to the scale - I'm not judging myself by the number on that scale. I'm judging myself by the differences I see in my day to day life. By the things I could never do before. By the things I've done in the past 2 months that I never thought possible. Here's a list of the few of my favorites:

  • Walking at the outlets. For real, I hated them. Hated to walk. Spent 5 hours this this weekend.
  • Going up and down Mt. Trashmore numerous times. Wasn't fast, wasn't pretty, but I did it.
  • Running. Again, not fast or pretty, but I did it. Repeatedly. And, the duration is getting longer.
  • Elliptical. I used to hate that thing. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I used to think I was restricted to the recumbent bike. Ha! I haven't been on that thing in eons!
  • Weight Training. Surprisingly enough, I love to be in the free weight section. Who ever would've guessed?
So there you have it. I am feeling multitudes better now. By the way, a special thanks to Danny for coming to the gym early to train this morning. I appreciate your belief in me more than you'll ever know. And, to my support system that reads this blog, thanks for letting me vent. Have a beautiful day! P.S. - All my gym rat folks, I'll be there tonight - with bells on - busting out some cardio before small group training. See ya then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...