Saturday, June 10, 2017

JourneyToStrong 2.0

Monday, I will embark on a new leg of my journey. It isn't a new journey, just a new path. If you know me, you know that I have "fallen off the wagon" so to speak. It's been a hard pill to swallow, knowing that I have regressed in so many areas that I worked so hard to overcome. But, grace. I've learned this from someone whose journey has inspired me to start a new leg of my journey. One that I can maintain, and one that I can enjoy. I've had many wise people in my life over the past four years of my journey (crazy to think it's been that long already!) and I am so thankful for each and every one of you. You were there to teach me what I needed in that moment. Now, it's time for a different journey.

This journey will be like any other - it will have valleys and it will have peaks. The difference is that this time, I am doing the journey for me, and me alone. Last time, I got too caught up in what everyone else thought of me, and what everyone else said I should and shouldn't do. Advice is welcome, but your journey doesn't look like mine, and mine doesn't look like the next person's. And, that is okay. Because, we are all created differently, and have different areas that we excel in. Case in point - I want to run (and do it well) so badly. Sadly, it isn't a strength of mine - neither is cardio in general, really (mainly because it bores me to tears). Strength training and cross fit type workouts are near and dear to my heart. There's something about feeling strong that makes me feel empowered. 

Anyway, I digress...the point of this whole blog, which is really kind of all over the place, is that I am doing this journey for me. I want to live a healthier life for my nephew and nieces (and the one on the way). I want to have a life I love to live - and not feel a sense of dread when someone wants to walk around D.C. or when I have to take a flight of stairs because I'm winded. I want to enjoy life. God gave it to me to enjoy, not to be a couch potato. 

Anyone else want to join in on this journey?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...