Saturday, August 31, 2013

Making Wise Choices

I cannot stress the importance of making wise decisions. Especially when you are in a situation you cannot control. In most cases, you can plan ahead. I have learned that except for exercise, this is the most important thing when working on a weight loss goal. I could go to the gym all day long, but if I eat my old lifestyle, it would do me no good toward losing weight. Last Saturday I did a 4,000 calorie workout. Five hours. That is what I used to eat during the day. I don't know about you, but I don't have 5 hours a day to workout to just MAINTAIN my current weight at which I am miserable! If I were eating my old lifestyle, it would literally take more than five hours of workout to put me in the negative calories from what I used to eat. 

This week has been a little difficult for me since I've been in the hospital. Now, when I first got here I didn't get to pick the first day worth of food. So...needless to say, it was horrible. Breakfast consisted of biscuits, eggs with cheese, hash browns and bacon. After that, I asked for the heart healthy diet, thinking I would get healthier options. Well, that has worked for me...until today. Today's options - BBQ beef on a crusty roll or Mac & cheese. Totally healthy, huh? Thankfully my friend Cynthia and my friend Trent brought me some stuff. Hopefully, I will be satisfied. It's a long time between meals around here. 

I miss the gym. I miss working out. I almost feel lost. Nope. I do feel lost. It has become such a part of who I am on this journey for a healthier lifestyle. I can't wait til I can go back, even if on a limited basis. 

While I'm on the subject of exercising, DO IT.  Don't question it...think about it...get in the zone and just do it. Today's motivational quote is, "do what you can, where you are, with what you have. No excuses. "

For me that means my sit-ups and crunches and leg lifts.  I have no ability to bend my arm since there is an IV in it...but otherwise I would be planking too. It means walking the wing of the hospital throughout the day. 

 Don't let an excuse stop you from reaching your goals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...