Thursday, December 26, 2013

Refocusing My Priorities.

This post is very hard to write. I am human and I make mistakes. The past few months have been very hard for me. I have not made wise decisions. I have had multiple setbacks. I have used any excuse in the book to veer off the clean eating path. I am struggling. I am throwing this out there because you need to know that although I may sound cheery and upbeat and motivational at times, it is not always like that.

Many of you have commented in person that I have stopped posting the motivational quotes. It's true. I feel as though I have lost my motivation. I don't know why, but I want it back. I emotionally eat. I have lost my motivation. My motivation is not ever-present. I try, but I have bad days, and apparently, bad weeks and months, too. Anyway, the numbers on the scale don't lie. I have lost focus of the immediate goals and started focusing on the big picture. I allowed myself to become focused on competing in Body Challenge (and that's not a bad thing) with my gym, and to not focus on the smaller goals that I need to focus on, such as this meal or that meal. Instead, I focused on dreaming about winning Body Challenge. I need to revamp my focus. Completely.

Throughout the course of my "confession" with Danny, it came to light that my diet hasn't been where it needs to be. If I am honest, it hasn't been for a long time. I don't know why I struggle with food so much. I wish I knew. I wish I could curb it. If I am completely honest, I've fallen back into the habit of fast food. In the past week, I've had Wendy's, Red Robin, Taco Bell and McDonald's. None of it was good. I felt miserable after eating it. Yet, I continue to do it. Why? Do any of you readers struggle with this? I am a "social eater" and "emotional eater." In other words, I may not be hungry, but if a group of friends is going somewhere for lunch, you can bet I will be there. I will go with the intention of eating healthy foods, but inevitably, my willpower loses and I order something I am comfortable ordering.

So, what's the purpose of posting this? To let you know I am human. I make mistakes. I have to re-commit to my eating lifestyle. I've done it before. I can do it again. It's a matter of deciding whether I want to do it. I want this.

No matter what, I am done. Done with the facade. Done with giving in. I have to fight to save my life. I am still planning to compete in Body Challenge 7. I need to step up my game and truly work on fixing my priorities. I have let "me" slip through the cracks. I've let my circumstances and emotions dictate my choices. No more. I am worth this change. I have come so far and too far to turn back now.

I am fighting to win...my life.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I am getting back on the bandwagon tomorrow. I haven't exercised in months even though I know how important it is. Tomorrow I begin again. I have been very inspired by you and your posts. You have shared your struggles with your heart. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...