Thursday, February 18, 2016

Seasons...

You know how everyone picked a word for 2016? Many picked "faith" or "trust" or "strength" or "grace." My word - which I am just now coming to realize is seasons. Everywhere I turn, there is something about seasons. No, I don't mean the seasons of the year (although if we're on this topic, can we PLEASE get some warmth up in here?!?). I am talking seasons of life.

Last year was a pretty big year for me. I had my skin removal surgery. I had complications from that surgery beyond what anyone expected (and I'm still dealing with some of them from today). I gained weight and lost weight. I changed jobs. I relocated away from most of my friends and family. Yet, through it all, God has been faithful. I haven't shared much about my relocation because, secretly, I think I doubted that God knew what He was doing. Ha. Joke was on me. I know that. I also know that God is sovereign and that He always knows the plan.

Relocating from my closest friends and family was a challenge. I still get homesick (don't ask my Mom, she'll tell you I cried to her all weekend last weekend - which is true, but not the point). I still miss my nephew and nieces something terrible. I miss my heart to heart talks with my best friend. I just miss how life used to be. But, I am not convinced that I should return back to Hampton Roads at this time. This is a different season in my life. I am not saying the Hampton Roads season will never come back - but it's not that season right now. I do not know what the future holds, and I'm glad, because honestly, I'd probably run!

This season is all about stretching me -- from living on my own, to managing to my finances, to finding my own church that aligns with my beliefs, to throwing myself into a community group with no one that I really know. Funny thing is, God is there (duh!). I went to Community Group for the first time last night, and surprise! The girl there - was from Hampton. She knows exactly what it is like to extract yourself from the situation in which you are comfortable and put yourself in a different place where you know nobody. She understands the dramatic difference the pace of life is here in NoVa versus Hampton Roads. She gets it. I needed that, and God knew it.

I know this post really has nothing to do with my weight loss journey, but it was one I felt compelled to write.  As you focus on your trials and tribulations, perhaps you can look for the silver lining - maybe that little bitty lining is God's touch showing you He is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...