Sunday, July 28, 2013

Setting Goals, Facing the Music and a New Wardrobe!

This month has been a struggle for me. I have let it be a struggle. I could have made better decisions. I could have worked harder at the gym. I could have said no to the temptation. But, I didn't. And, now, I have to face the music. While I did have an injury this month, that took me out of cardio commission for about 2-1/2 weeks, I still could have made the decision to do more. I let my circumstances outweigh my goals for a bit. While I have lost the pounds I gained during my surgery/recovery, I haven't lost much more than that. I am hoping that all the upper body workouts made me lose some inches, but we will see. If I didn't, it's my own fault. All I can do is work to improve.

Tomorrow, July 29, 2013 is a new day for me. A new beginning. Time to stop focusing on the past and what I have or haven't done and to focus on the future. This coming month. This coming week. Tomorrow. The next meal. The next choice. The next 30 minutes of cardio. Whatever. I have to get back into the mindset of not focusing on the overwhelming goal, but to focus on the little goals that will eventually get me to that big goal.

This week I am eating 100% clean. And, at least 30 minutes of cardio per day. Six days. That is my goal for the week. I have done it before. I can certainly do it again. There is no margin for error, because I have a goal, and I want to reach it more than words can say.

On a brighter note, I went shopping in my attic/storage today. Mom made me. I didn't want to do it. My shirts are literally falling off my shoulders. Said they looked unprofessional. I needed to know what I had so I could buy what I didn't have. Turns out, I have a whole new wardrobe (for shirts, anyway) that fits well! There were many items that had tags on them still that I just blew through. I couldn't wear them. Too big. I've shipped those off to a company that sells your clothes for you and gives you the proceeds. I will have to use that money to buy new clothes.

So, I will check in tomorrow with the new measurements and weight...whether I like what it says or not. It's up to me to make a bigger change for August. And, this month, there is no turning back.


1 comment:

  1. Forgive yourself. Every addict slips and falls when learning to walk until she can run! Eyes forward, girl!

    ReplyDelete

It's been awhile....a good long while

It has been a good long while since I have felt anything but self-hate and negativity toward myself. I tried not to show it on the outside, ...